Image Map

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday Scoop

I lovingly refer to Sundays as "Panic Sunday" and have recently discovered multiple linkys about how teachers from all over use this day to plan and prep.  I'm jumping in with The Sunday Scoop, hosted by The Teaching Trio.  This makes it seem more fun than it truly is :)

 
 
3 things I have to do:  Obviously, I need to make sure I have all my notebooks and whatnot ready for the week ahead.  I've got to make my homework sheet as well.  I'm meeting with a team of 2nd grade teachers from the other local school board Tuesday after school to talk about RTI.  I'm beginning to realize that with my new small group table instead of a desk, I really enjoy that time with my students!  I also need to get all of my October centers ready to go.  I'm finally color printing and laminating everything so it's permanently good to go!
 
2 things I hope to do:  I had just about finished labeling all my books from September's Scholastic Book Club order when it was time for a local book sale this weekend.  My little learners will flip out when they realize I have an additional 100 or so books to add in.  My name is Brittany, and I have a book addiction!  I also really want to finish my Junior League grant application this week so I'm not rushing around next week to turn it in.  I'm hoping to get some literacy resources for interventions, including a listening center!
 
1 think I'm happy to do:  I got a Switch Witch for my classroom this year.  I'm not sure who is having more fun with it!  I like to be a bit organized with it (and my Elf on a Shelf) so I don't forget to move it around or do something twice.  These plans also come in handy so I don't forget to buy something critical to whatever activity I have planned!  I really love the magic of fall/winter holidays :)

3 comments:

ithappenedin3rd said...

I love seeing kids excited when new books are added to the classroom library!

tidy teacher said...

Switch Witch sounds fun! I haven't heard of this before. I would love to see pictures!

Marissa said...

I have a book addition, too! Would love to see pictures of your library!

http://teachbyfaith.blogspot.com/