Image Map

Friday, July 3, 2015

5 for Friday

 
I've wanted to do one of these posts for so long, and now I can!  Here are 5 random things from my week.
 
 
I'm currently in St. Louis visiting my grandparents and uncles.  We've been coming here since I was born.  I look forward to seeing everyone, catching up, and shopping in a real city.
 
 
I'm going a bit crazy thinking about the next couple of weeks' events and wondering how in the world I'm going to get my room set up.  It makes me a bit nervous thinking of how much I really have to do in there!  Seeing everyone's posts about their progress has done nothing to ease my mind.
 
 
I'm gearing up to make weekly supplements to our new Journeys Common Core ELA curriculum.  I would love to keep ahead on these throughout the year!  I can't wait to launch them.
 
 
I'm so excited to present at a state conference in 2 weeks.  I'm doing one on Eureka Math and another session on RTI.  I'm working on the finishing touches for the PowerPoint slides now.  Even with the excitement, I'm SO nervous! 
 
 
I visited Half Price Books for the first time yesterday.  I'm glad we don't have one near my hometown, because I'd never leave!  I got 15 Magic School Bus books for my classroom library.  I was walking around the store thinking the shelving system HAD to have been created by a teacher.  It was magical!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your book deal sounds amazing, now I'm wishing I had one of those stores near me. My classroom library is my pride & joy, & I'm obsessed with adding books. It seems like room set-ups are always a huge source of anxiety for us. I'm moving to a new room this year & it doesn't ever seem like much until I start unpacking the boxes, but hey we spend so much time in there of course we need to make it exactly how we want it. Good luck with your presentations.
Stephanie
Polka Dot Palace

Teaching Autism said...

Loving your five for Friday! Hope the room move goes well!

Andrea said...

Bittany,
Your blog is so stinkin' cute! I love it! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Andrea
http://rightdownthemiddleblog.blogspot.com/