Image Map

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July Currently

Why not start this blog off with a linky?!
 
Listening to American Ninja Warrior: 
I'm visiting my grandparents for a bit, and it's what is on the TV as my background noise.
 
Loving my new blog design: 
It's like Gabby climbed in my head to figure out what I wanted it to look and feel like.  She's amazing!
 
Thinking about my upcoming PD presentations:
In about 2 weeks, I'll be driving down to Baton Rouge to present at a state conference.  This is my first time presenting to a major audience (more than just my grade level in-district), and the nerves are starting to kick in.  I've got to edit my presentations in the next week and upload them so people can download the slides during the conference.
 
Wanting the blackberries in the fridge:
Blackberries may very well be my favorite fruit.  My grandmother got some fresh from the local grocery, and if I hadn't had a chocolate lava cake, they would be mine!  At least I know what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow.
 
Needing to cross items off my to-do list:
Now that it's July, I'm thinking about the classroom I need to unpack and set up.  I've also got my back to school purchase list to start working on.  Next weekend I'm in charge of organizing child care for 30+ kids ages 3-15.  There's more (we teachers ALWAYS have much more!), but those are the major things on my mind right now.
 
All Star list maker:
If I don't write it down...it may not happen!  I've got my school list, home list, TPT/blog list, etc.  I've got my planner set up for the coming school year, and my Plum Paper lesson planner is in the mail as of yesterday.  Now I just need to get faster at marking things off and slower at adding them!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG we are one in the same. I have been thinking about purchasing a blog design from Gabby but have been wondering if I wanted to change to a .com instead of a .blogspot.com decisions... I have totally been the same way about what I need to do too. My district hasn't even cleaned the floors in our rooms, so there is no way to get in there and start plugging away. WOMP! When can you get in? I would love to hear more about your Gabby experience as well as your presentation. What is it about? Oh- here is my currently! http://flippingintofirst.blogspot.com/2015/07/currently-july-2015.html

Brittany Taraba said...

My classroom floors are waxed and I can get back in. At some point, I'll be unable to for a few days. They are replacing ALL the bathrooms in our school, so the halls aren't re-waxed yet. Our custodians are really good about our rooms. Stuff is out within a week, stripped, waxed, moved back in by the end of June!

Gabby is amazing! I'll post more about the whole experience a bit later, but it was so easy. She is super sweet and creative. I'd recommend her to everyone!

I have 2 presentations. One is about interventions in the classroom (behavior and academic). The other is about the Eureka Math (Engage NY) curriculum.

Deanna Sessoms said...

Your Blog design is adorable! Gabby did mine too :) She does a great job!

Deanna
APrimaryOwl

Unknown said...

I love your new blog design too! This is my first time stopping in at your blog too. I love the name ;) I assume you are a fan of Boy Meets World.

There is a summer program running out of my school so that totally put a damper on my plans to get any work in there done this summer. Good luck getting unpack and set up. I hope to see some pics!

Bridget said...

Like the ladies above, I also love your blog design... I am also wanting your blackberries from your fridge!! Ah! I love love love blackberries and now I am craving them!

In reply to your comment on my blog regarding the necklaces: They are actually for sale on my website :) Link below - then click shop > jewelry :) Thank you for reading my post, too!

Bridget
Little Lovely Leaders

A LoveLi Class said...

Super cute blog design! I love how you even have the paper airplane like Boy Meets World and Girl Meets World. SO CUTE!

A LoveLi Class